Friday, February 09, 2007

Day 10
Weight 195

Well friends, if anyone happens to be reading this or following my experience on the Master Cleanse, I have made it to day 10. You will notice there are no posts for days 6 through 9. Mostly because things were the same as days 1 through 5. The flush continues to work well, when mixed with the proper amount of sea salt, the herbal tea laxative works ok, but will sometimes give me some minor stomach cramping in the mornings, but stops once the 'cleanse' is complete in the morning. I have not had any food other than: about a 1 inch long piece of raman noodle, one kernal of corn (which I think I spit out), and one piece of wheel pasta. This was just to taste them before feeding them to my daughter to make sure they were a) not too hot, and b) cooked properly.

Honestly somewhere in the day 5-6 range not eating food didn't really bother me. I can sort of see how doing something like this master cleanse could possibly lead to the beginnings of an eating disorder if one were inclined to that sort of thing, or had a history of that type of a problem.

Overall, I feel better than when I started, I have more energy, and generally have a better attitude. Due to a hectic work schedule and some pretty lousy weather, other than just a couple of days, I have not had the opportunity to get outside and run or ride my bike.

I am really pleased with the amount of weight that I lost and am anxious to see it stays off once I beging eating again. I will write a post for my blog to let everyone know what happens.

My plans for coming off the cleanse are to switch to the Michaels Naturopathic Programs Ultimate Detox & Cleanse for about 4 days. I will take their supplements and begin with eating fruits and vegetables (raw, if possible). Once the master cleanse is complete you need to replace some of the good bacteria in your system which has been flushed out through the cleansing process and the Michaels program supplements contaiin those things.

Overall, this has been good experience for me and I will no doubt do it again. I don't know how often one is suppose to do this sort of thing, but it will be at least several months before I do it again. Total cost for the cleanse was less than $100 for the 10 days, and probably around $80-$85.

Thanks for following along, and I hope this helps you.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM , Blogger Catra said...

Awesome job Steve!

I still feel great after my cleanse. I gained just two pounds back. I have been eating all raw since off of it. Well except the fritos the last 10 miles of RR 100.

The cleanse is great to do 4 times of year. Winter, Spring , Summer & Fall.
I agree this cleanse is not meant for someone who has an eating disorder. It is meant for someone who has been taking medication and wants to detox or for someone who wants to kick start a healthy diet and make better food choices.

Have a great day.

XOXO,
Catra

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger JeffO said...

Man, somehow it seems like a more challenging feat to have completed 10 days on MC than your 100-miler. That's impressive. After you and Catra, I think I'll give this a try. Thanks for the info.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home